What is Influencer Marketing and is it Right for You?
Influencer marketing is all the talk these days, but many people are still unsure of what it really entails. Before you get started with an influencer marketing campaign, it’s important to know what this form of marketing involves, what you have to gain from it and what makes a strong influencer marketing strategy. Let’s dig in.
What is influencer marketing?
Influencer marketing, or IM, refers to building relationships with influential people online. These people share your brand message with their audiences, getting your products and services in front of thousands, perhaps even millions, of people.
Some of the reasons why influencer marketing works are:
- It’s not pushy. Instead of forcing advertisements on customers, they can absorb your message when they want. This builds more positive connections between your brand and customers.
- It’s credible. Consumers trust what other people have to say more than brands themselves. When they like and follow someone online, they view their opinion as valuable and trustworthy.
- It targets specific niches. Rather than paying to show your ads to broad audiences, you can target a very specific group of people. Influencers have engaged followings that share the same interests.
- It’s affordable. Influencer marketing is cost effective. By paying the influencer, you can show your brand to thousands of people or more. This costs far less than advertising on TV or radio. Plus, you’re tapping into relevant, qualified leads.
5 ways to get started with an influencer marketing strategy
To keep your brand front and center, it’s important to experiment with influencer marketing. Expect to see increased visibility, a stronger sense of community and more qualified traffic visiting your website. Here are five ways to get started.
- Define your audience. Know who your target audience is. Consider how they evaluate, discover and buy your products and services. This way, you can look for influencers who have these audiences.
- Discover the right influencers. Find people who produce and share content that is related to yours. Pick influencers who post high quality, engaging content. This ensures your posts will be compelling as well.
- Monitor influencers. Keep an eye on all possible influencers. What are they doing in real time? What types of products are they promoting? How are their audiences responding?
- Build relationships. Influencer marketing is built on strong relationships. The more influencers get to know and love your products, the more likely they are to promote them. Follow, share and like their content.
- Measure your results. Keep track of how your influencer marketing campaigns are performing. Many brands do this by offering a specific discount code. Also, keep track of social media activity, web traffic and conversions.
Influencer marketing is incredibly valuable, especially during a time when consumers want to buy from brands that are honest, ethical and trustworthy. For support setting up effective campaigns for your brand, contact WSI Internet Partners today.